The Manitoba Electoral Divisions Boundaries Commission (also referred to as the “Commission”, “us”, or “we”) is an independent commission that meets every 10 years and makes recommendations concerning the area and boundaries of provincial electoral divisions. When the Commission is operational and conducting its review, members of the public may provide feedback on proposed boundary changes in several ways. Individuals or groups may make a presentation at a public hearing of the Commission and/or submit written comments via e-mail, regular mail, or fax. In addition, the Commission maintains this website (located at: http://staging.boundariescommission.mb.ca/) as another means by which you can submit your comments to the Commission.
To fulfill its mandate, the Commission may collect any or all of the following personal information from individuals who make a submission:
- information that you provide when you make a submission to the Commission, such as your name, phone number, fax number, email address, and postal address;
- comments you provide when you make a submission to the Commission; and
- your correspondence with Commission staff, including any questions, concerns, problems or comments you may have about making a submission on this website.
- Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
The Commission collects your personal information and will use your personal information as is reasonably required for the following purposes:
- to provide you with another method of making written submissions to the Commission similar to making a submission in person at a public hearing of the Commission;
- to verify your identity if you submit comments or information;
- to respond to questions, comments, requests, or complaints that you submit to the Commission;
- to analyze use of this website and to improve this website; and
- to send emails or other communications you have consented to receive from the Commission.
If you voluntarily submit or post any information to this website, your name and written comments are not confidential and will be published on this website exactly as submitted and possibly in a public report to the Legislative Assembly of Manitoba. All other contact information (e-mail address, postal address, fax number, and/or phone number) submitted to the Commission will remain confidential unless you consent to such disclosure or the disclosure is required by law. By providing your views and submissions, you consent to their use and publication at the discretion of the Commission. All submissions are available to be viewed in the Manitoba Electoral Divisions Boundaries Commission office.
The Commission has no control over and is not liable for the collection, use or disclosure of any personal information posted on this website.
- Safeguarding Your Personal Information
The Commission is committed to safeguarding your personal information. The Commission uses appropriate security measures to protect personal information against risks such as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction regardless of the format in which it is held. The Commission takes care in disposing of or destroying personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information. The Commission also ensures that its staff with access to personal information are made aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information.
Any inquiries may be directed to:Jacynth Lagacé
Secretary, Manitoba Electoral Divisions Boundaries Commission
120 – 200 Vaughan Street
Phone: 204 945-5755
Toll-free: 1 866 628-6837 Fax: 204 945-6011
Date: January 1, 2018